Monday 1 December 2014

Advent


 Sunday was a beautiful sunny day. Woodland walk was in my mind. So we went to nearby forest(Melbourne).


 Lots of fallen autumn leaves.


The sunshine through the woods.


Still lots of leaves on the tree.


The smell of woods. Ah! I love it. It is so much better than walking in town this time of the year. Don't know about you but not my cup of tea for sure.


I'd rather built my nest here.


What could be better?


Yes, this Linen dress that I made couple of weeks ago and my noro crochet shawl which I did during summer wrapped around my neck to keep myself warm. I did have a coat by the way too.


This little girl enjoys so much in the woods. Doesn't mind if nature gets stuck on her hair.



She picked amongst the wet leaves. X-mas decorations! The smell of woods. Hmmmm.


Christmas atmosphere in the woods.


 The moss.


 Lake and the forest. Melbourne is so beautiful.


Everyone enjoyed the sunshine that day.


 
 
Back home from forest was inspired to complete my stag. Feels good to have finally completed that. and now is up on the wall in my dinning room.


Pine cones and leaves from the forests.



Finally our advent was up last night. Olivia decorated all the little brown bags, the branch is from our back garden.


My crochet blanket and knitted cushion also came out.




This is my kitchen windowsill right now. Dry poppy heads and Chinese lantern (Physalis alkekengi) from my garden, moss, pine from the woods.


 Peter the hare was a very kind gift last Christmas. You can read more here about him.


Hope you all had a good weekend, I know I did x