Wednesday 20 August 2014

Holiday in Wales


This is a rather late post of our holiday in wales. During the beginning of Summer, we rented a flawless cottage in wales. Everything about it was perfect.




The stone walls, fire place, Aga and the little details and decorations on the windowsill. Sigh...! Everything that I could dream of!







 We stayed there for ten days and it felt like home.


 We went a few times to the beach.





Olivia and hubby loved body boarding...


... And little Emily can never stop collecting, just like me.


We also went to the Dinosaur park.



 This brought happiness to the little one, as George from 'Peppa Pig' also loves dinosaurs.





There were three little mining caves too in that park. I did not like wearing that silly yellow hat at all, the girls and hubby laughed at me but I am glad I did as my head kept hitting the ridiculously low roof.



Nature is so beautiful and inspiring.


The girls had some fun collecting stones from the water.


 On the other hand I chose to buy my stones, a few more to add to my exciting collection. As far as I can remember I have always throughout my childhood collected all sorts: stones, crystals, twigs, drift woods, feathers and leaves - and I still do. The girls are just like me.
.

Another destination of ours was a historic castle. It was such a beautiful ruin. There is something about them that always intrigued me, more than a well kept one. It has so much to explore and figure out about the history. You can let your imagination go wild. Every stone, every nook and corner tells a story and I guess that's what interests me.







Ahhhhhhh! What a lovely holiday was that. This year we decided to just stay within the country for the summer holiday, and to be honest there is so much to see here that we didn't feel the need to go anywhere exotic. This morning I was out in the garden and the air was lot cooler. Its starting to feel like summer is fading. Although, as much as I love Summer, I think Autumn is my favorite season. I love the colours. Most people would want to hold on to the summer a bit longer I guess, but I am looking forward to Autumn already. Strange but that's how I am.