Thursday 7 August 2014

In my Studio

 

This is where I have been lately spending my time, apart from going for long walks in the countryside and camping.

This is the one room in the whole house, where I could spend the entire day. I love to paint - my paintings are based on collected experiences and memories being born and brought up in India, my travelling and having lived in England since 2000. I am passionate about colours and I am inspired by landscapes, nature and wildlife for my paintings.

For my abstract paintings, I work from my memory trying to recreate the feelings and the mood that the depicted landscape signifies to me. I do not always produce an accurate representation but aim to evoke a spence of personal experience, to create an image which brings together different aspects of the landscape.