Tuesday 14 October 2014

Bell Tents and Campfires!































This is a rather late post. One fine day we went with little packed lunch for Emily to the Elvaston Castle Park. Just to spent the morning there as the weather was nice. 'Derbyshire County Council's woodland festival returned to the historic grounds of Elvaston castle for its fourth year. A celebration of traditional and contemporary woodland crafts, the festival celebrates everything woody! Here you could watch woodcraft experts at work or a chainsaw artist create a masterpiece. You could have also had a go at some of the crafts yourself, sample some campfire cooking or simply enjoy the wonderful atmosphere of the woods. There was something for all ages.'

Sorry, this should have been posted ages ago but I went without my camera, unprepared for this and forgot that I had these pictures in my camera roll until today, when I uploaded my pictures from my mobile onto computer.

What a wonderful day it was. Sometimes surprises like this one are great. We stayed the whole day instead of just the morning. My favourite bit was the wild cooking and oh, that open fire outdoor cooking tasted so yummy. There were couple of different ways for cooking. I know what I want for Christmas. I think my list is getting ready even before the kids. Ha! Why not?!