Tuesday 5 May 2015

Colour


I am stitching, painting, rust dying and sleeping late...


As soon as the sun comes out, I go up these steps and into my garden...


Watch everything grow, with a cup of tea, sitting down in one corner of my garden; sometimes on my own but never without my thoughts and dreams. I am a dreamer and keep dreaming of living in the woods surrounded by beautiful trees and wildlife.


I wake up from my dream to find myself still in the garden...


Waiting for the poppies to flower;


Waiting for this rust dyed cloth to dry in the sun;


Watch the raindrops dry and...


Carefully take my step.


Step to fly...



And then I want to freeze the moment. Hold on to the best memories.


 So I feel happy to use colour back in my studio. I am happy to finish a new painting. This is a close up view. Lots of layers of paint. I love textures. Nature creates naturally but I create in my paintings physically by using lots and lots of paint. Sometimes other materials.



Sorry this image not very clear. The wet paint made it difficult to photograph. This painting is done with acrylic paint on canvas.


And this is another painting that I am still working on. It is not far from finishing off. This is a mixed media encaustic painting on wooden panel. I have now done five paintings so far using hot wax. Not sure at this point if I want to continue with encaustic because of two reasons: firstly encaustic paints are very expansive and secondly because its a wax paint and needs to be melted which is very toxic. You really need to have good ventilation in your work room. I do have big doors which I can open while I work with this medium but should have a exhaust fitted above the table. So I am double minded whether or not to invest more on all this or not. Working without proper ventilation in long run may give health problems which I do not wish to have. So I need a lot of thinking on working with this medium.

 
But working with just acrylic is definitely a safe option. Here a better photograph of the finished painting in acrylic on canvas. Still without title but, there are colours, which give me joy.