Monday 8 September 2014

Mandy Patullo 'Enchanted Forest'


Would you believe me, food was cooked on Friday night for the following day. Clothes out of cupboard ironed and hung, bag all ready for Saturday morning. It was Mandy Patullo's workshop ' Enchanted Forests' at my favorite place 'Hope and Elvis'. I was as super excited of course and left home early morning to be in time for the workshop. Couldn't have missed anything, so was nice and early. Guess what? only after 15 minutes  when I could see no one else arriving realized I went just a week early. Haha... The workshop was only to be held next week.


 Anyway, there I was once again standing in front of 'Hope and Elvis' again the following week and Thank God this time to see Louise Presley and Mandy Patullo in the studio.


 I am not the only one who admires Mandy Patullo's work. We all love her work and she lets us copy her style by teaching step by step process how exactly she works. Unbelievable, no fear of people copying her work. But we should respect an Artists work and practise.


We got to see her sketchbooks...



These were beautiful too.



Shop area for people to splash money



 Louise Presley is always generous with her art material supplies. Thank you once again Louise. I love coming back to her studio again and again.

 Met lovely ladies...

 and happy ladies......


There were foxes, wolfs, owls, dears and even a donkey.




 Mandy Patullo demonstrating ...




 And finally here is my work in progress...



 I love dears, a lot of work is involved and of course I haven't managed to finish it yet.


This is how far my dear was done on Saturday. Now I need to finish my last minute painting  exhibition preparation for the Melbourne Arts Festival which is this weekend. Would be lovely to see you. Please come and say hello to me if you happen to be there at the festival. I will post the venue details soon. 
Thank you once again Louise Presley for a wonderful day and thank you Mandy Patullo for sharing your skills with us.